Sunday, April 29, 2012

Fishing Lake Powell with Uncle Dana

Brandon went out to Powell with brother-in-law Mike to fish with the legendary Uncle Dana (the same guy who has the Candy Cannon). Dana knows more about fish and fishing than anyone any of us know personally. He has an old fishing boat that has been around as long as Brandon can remember. They call it "the barge." I've heard story after story about fishing trips on the barge. I'm lucky to have some of my own. One of my favorite memories from our dating years was a night fishing on Fish Lake in the Barge with Uncle Dana, Jaime, Mike, and Brandon. The fish just kept biting. I can't remember how many we caught but I learned how to gut and clean a lot of fish afterwards. It only seemed appropriate that Griffin's first time in a boat and fishing would be on the barge and with Uncle Dana at Lake Powell, Brandon's favorite place in the world. While Brandon spent two days fishing, I met up with them one evening and then went out with them the next morning for an hour or so. Griffin seemed to like being out, but he was not a fan of the constricting life jacket that pushed his cheeks into a state of ginormousness and he didn't seem to know what to think of the fish. I think he'll be happy to go again though.
Leaving the dock. Uncle Dana in the background

cheeks!!

Brandon held Griff so I could fish

Uncle Dana was the first to get a bite

Mike and I were next.
So good to be at Powell! Can't wait to go back when the water is warm enough to swim in.

No comments: