Monday, April 8, 2013

Griff's Little Brother

It's gonna be a boy! We are due August 29th.

So far this pregnancy has gone much better than the first. Maybe it was the Zofran (meds for nausea) or maybe it was just easier. The sickness ended 6 weeks earlier than it did last time and didn't seem to get as intense, with the exception of a few days. One day I was so sick I was having trouble lifting my head off the couch. Griff wanted to play, I wanted to cry. I wouldn't move so he kept slapping my legs. Then, in an act of desperation, he bit my toes! Then there was the time that Brandon found me bawling in the bathroom because Griffin wouldn't leave me alone in there. I just needed a few minutes by myself and he insisted on banging the toilet paper roll stand up and down on the ground and tugging at me. I didn't have the energy to shove him out and get the door shut before he fought his way back in so I just cried. Probably the low point. Brandon took him on an errand and somehow in that 30 minutes I started to feel so much better. Amazing what a little quiet and personal space will do.

Because it's been such a different pregnancy, we thought for sure we were having a girl. But, we were wrong. We are so excited to have a little buddy for Griff to play with. They will be 23 months apart. We had a list of girl names picked out, but we are struggling again with boy names. Griff didn't have his name until two days after he was born. I'm betting the same will happen this time.

I'm already in maternity clothes and really uncomfortable at that. I didn't get uncomfortable with Griff until into the 3rd trimester. This kid is riding a lot lower and all around making me more uncomfortable earlier than Griff did. Still, I'll take if over the illness Griff gave me. Let's just hope the delivery goes better than Griff's did.

feet / it's a boy! / bum


Griff showing Grandma Kathy his sibling will be a boy

Baby bump popped out over night around week 14

1 comment:

Bre said...

Woo Hoo! I can just picture two little adventurers. So happy for you! Also, I love Griff's little face, he's so expressive.