Sunday, November 13, 2011

Blessings

Griffin received his baby blessing Sunday November 6. Brandon gave him a beautiful blessing as family and friends surrounded Griff in the circle. I've seen countless baby blessings throughout the years, but there's nothing like hearing the blessing for your own child. The outfit Griffin wore is the same outfit Brandon wore when he was blessed - even the booties. During the blessing he was wrapped in a blanket Brandon's mom and grandma (Seare) made years ago. Brandon's grandma knew she wouldn't be around to attend her great grandchildren's blessings so she said the blanket would be like her holding the child on that day. She said she'd be there in spirit. I have no doubt she was there.

My parents, sister and grandparents came in town. We are lucky to have Brandon's family already here. November 7 was my mom's birthday, and she is a blessing to her family and pretty much everyone she meets. We loved having so much family in town. With so many things to be grateful for, the brisk weather and delicious food (thanks Mom!) it felt like the holidays.



Granny and Papa and Griff


4 generations
Kathy and Dwight. Jaime and Mike and kids came over later, but I didn't get pics of them.



Pedicures on Mom's bday

Griff was so good. He just sat in the chair next to me
Baskin Robbins for dinner, Mom's bday request




Discovering the football game on tv. Wish I'd written down who was playing. He loved it.

2 comments:

Tif said...

Cute little Griff! I love all these pictures!

Jenny Walker said...

I love that about the blanket Brandon's grandmother made! What a special idea-- so neat. I bet Gam (Gege) and Papa were there too. :0)