Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Muffin Top Finger

People say you gain weight when you get married. I didn't believe it. I'm a healthy eater and we exercise frequently. Plus, I lost weight on our honeymoon (might have been that the buffet at our otherwise classy hotel resembled an oversized 7-11 and over greased, heat lamp food doesn't appeal to me. Thank goodness for taco stands!). But, it so happens, that the lbs have found their way in. I guess I have spent less time exercising with all the other things that have taken priority when suddenly two schedules merge (probably the hardest thing about getting married. seriously, that was tough at first. Now, it works). Honestly, I'm ok with a few extra pounds, but my ring finger is suffering. I have the engagement ring and my wedding band. Both were sized to fit my little pre-marriage finger. The band was a bit smaller because of the ring design. I used to take them off nightly to give my finger a rest. I'm not used to jewelery. Now we have a problem....

 Looks okay at first glance. But it used to be a little loose and without indentations forming at the sides


AND when I try to get it off.... I get MUFFIN TOP FINGER. Soap isn't even helping anymore. I've actually developed a small callous on the side of my knuckle from the friction of pulling it off
Yep....It's stuck.

2 comments:

julie schenk said...

OH! I'm so sorry for you!!

Turner Two said...

Let's blame it on CARF!! In no time that ring will be flying OFF = )