Sunday, June 24, 2012

Salt Lake Break

It's already hot, hot in SG. We took a few days off and headed to Salt Lake for some cooler weather, close mountains, good friends, and Mandy's wedding. We really miss the mountains so we road and hiked them as many times as we could. We got to see people we love, eat at places we crave, and just enjoy the place we used to call home.


Millcreek Canyon - Rattlesnake to SL Lookout
This was one of my favorite quick trail runs so I had to show Griff. The last time I was on this trail was last summer when I was 7.5 months pregnant. Griff was heavier this time, but it felt so much better

Shade in the middle of the day. How nice
At the lookout

American Fork Canyon
With Lynn and pregnant Michelle




We wanted to steal the coat Lynn and Michelle got in prep for their boy due in September. So cute!
Some of the rest
I didn't get pics of everything we did and everyone we saw, but here is what I did get
I rode Corner Canyon with Stacey. She's so fun to ride with. Brandon rode it with the boys

Visited my cousin and her family. They have bunnies.

Griff loved the girls and their swing

Temple Quarry Trail - Little Cottonwood Canyon

I stopped by the U to see a friend and took Griff by the place Brandon and I first met. They've turned the old spin room back into a racquetball court, but it's all the same
This would have been the spot where I was sitting on my bike when I looked over and saw Brandon for the first time. He was getting on the bike next to me. "This is where you first became a possibility, Griff."

My beautiful Granny


Griff is a big fan

He loved Papa, too

Sneaky little guy got past the chair barricade when I wasn't looking. The quiet made me turn and I found him halfway up the stairs. He did a great job for his first time.

We went to the zoo. Here he is watching the polar bear. I love his foot.
She was a crowd pleaser



Watching the giraffes

On the train
 Griff started playing this game at Jenny's house

With Candace and Owen

Fun ending to a great trip

1 comment:

Turner Two said...

I'm so so so happy I got a slice of your time and especially to ride together! That was such a treat. Thanks for going with me and for making it so much fun!

I adore you, your lil man is handsome and amazing and it was great to see you!

Much LVOE